Structural Bridges Leader
Posted Date: 10/9/2019
raSmith is a consulting civil engineering and land surveying company dedicated to our clients, employees and profession. Our clients come to us for creative and effective solutions for their projects. Our work includes both private and public sector projects in land development, transportation/traffic, structural, municipal and ecological areas. We work on projects nationwide from our eight locations in Wisconsin, Illinois and California.
We have an opportunity for an individual with a strong structural and bridge design background and leadership experience. We are seeking an individual to manage and grow the Firm’s bridge design practice, which is a sub-discipline of our Structural Division. We are looking for a team-oriented person who has well-rounded engineering experience working in concrete and steel bridge design and project management with a Wisconsin DOT focus.
As a seller-doer, this person will serve as project manager or technical lead on bridge-related projects. Technical responsibilities include:
- Performing NBIS bridge inspection services of routine and complex structures
- Active participation in business development activities including project pursuits, client management, and organizational involvement
- Working in collaboration with the firm’s Transportation Division to develop relationships with targeted clients and pursue transportation infrastructure projects for state and local clients in Wisconsin and the Midwest
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering is required, Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years of bridge design experience including structural design of local, highway, and interchange bridges and ancillary structures. Three (3) plus years of bridge design experience as a Bridge/Structures Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Wisconsin Professional Engineer Licensure required, Illinois Structural Engineer Licensure preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Wisconsin DOT Facilities Development Manual and BOS Bridge Manual including standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Strong working relationship with WisDOT BOS staff and WisDOT project development project
- Certified Bridge Inspector Team Leader required
- Proficient in AASHTO LRFD design of bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and other ancillary transportation structures.
- Experience with bridge analysis and design software including MDX and LEAP Bridge Suite.
- Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Structural design of buildings and related structures a plus.
We are proud to be an EOE/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Please visit our career page to apply for this opportunity.